Dhaka | Thursday | 22nd of April 2021 | Bangla Version | Get Our App EN
  • TOP STORIESTOP STORIES
  • WORLD
  • BANGLADESH
  • INDIA
  • ECONOMY
  • TECH
  • SPORTS
  • CULTURE
  • ♦ MORE ♦
  • ♦ MORE LINK ♦
    • NBS » 1-Headlines » Breaking: Ansarullah: There’s nothing new in Riyadh’s ‘peace initiative’


    Please subscribe to NBS YouTube channel:

    Breaking: Ansarullah: There’s nothing new in Riyadh’s ‘peace initiative’
    NBS | Tuesday, March 23rd, 2021 | Published: 12:15 pm

    Breaking: Ansarullah: There’s nothing new in Riyadh’s ‘peace initiative’

    Yemen’s popular Ansarullah movement has dismissed a so-called peace initiative by Riyadh to bring the protracted war to an end, saying there is “nothing new” in the offer.

    According to Press TV, the movement’s chief negotiator Mohammed Abdulsalam on Monday said the opening of airports and seaports is a “humanitarian right” and must not be used as a “pressure tool” by the Saudi regime.

    He, however, said Ansarullah would continue to hold talks with Riyadh, Muscat and Washington to end the Saudi-imposed war.

    Riyadh has presented a so-called ‘peace initiative’ to cover-up its crimes which would include a nationwide ceasefire under the supervision of the UN and reopening of air and sea links.

    The plan includes reopening of Sana’a airport, and free passage for fuel and food imports through the Hudaydah port, both of which are controlled by Ansarullah.

    Rejecting the proposal, Ansarullah movement has demanded lifting of air and sea blockade, which has contributed to the world’s worst humanitarian crisis in Yemen, as a main pre-condition for any deal.

    “Saudi Arabia must declare an end to the aggression and lift the blockade completely, but putting forward ideas that have been discussed for over a year is nothing new,” Abdulsalam said, according to Yemen’s Al-Masirah television.

    Saudi Arabia and its allies have been in a bloody war on Yemen since 2015, using weapons supplied by the West.

    In December last year, the United Nations put the death toll in the Saudi-imposed war at 233,000, terming it “unfortunate and unacceptable.”

    A large number of hospitals and residential property have been destroyed in the Saudi bombardment, which has further aggravated the situation in the wake of the covid-19 pandemic.

    While Saudi Arabia and its regional allies have been spearheading the war, the Western regimes have been complicit for providing weapons to them and failing to condemn their brutal aggression.

    Last week, a member of Yemen’s Supreme Political Council, Mohammed Ali al-Houthi, emphasized that there will be no peace in the West Asian country unless the Saudi-led coalition halts attacks, lifts the crippling siege and ends the military occupation.

    “We call on the US, Britain, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates and their allies for holding a comprehensive ceasefire throughout the Republic of Yemen and remove the current blockade,” he tweeted.

    He also urged the release of “all the 14 detained ships within the next forty-eight hours” as the first step to remove the current blockade.

    SS

     

    Read on the original site


    Write your comment...

    nbs24new3 © All Rights Reserved
    News Broadcasting Service - NBS
    (NBS) 2015 - 2020

    CEO: Abdullah Al Masum,
    Editor and Publisher : Sultana Rabiya
    -------------------------------------------
    Bangshal, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh.
    Cell : +88 02 , +88 01718 580 689
    Email : [email protected], [email protected]

    USA Office: 41-11, 28th Avenue, Suite # 15 (3rd floor), Astoria, New York-11103,
    United States of America. Cell: 917-396-5705.

    Prasenjit Das, Editor in Chief, India.
    Address : Central Road, Town Pratapgarh, Agartala, Tripura, India. +919402109140.

    Home l About NBS l Contact the NBS l DMCA l Terms of use l Advertising Rate l Sitemap l Live TV l All Paper

    Reproduction of content, news or article published on this nbs website is strictly prohibited. - Privacy Policy