Dhaka | Monday | 26th of October 2020 | Bangla Version | Get Our App EN
  • TOP STORIESTOP STORIES
  • WORLD
  • BANGLADESH
  • INDIA
  • ECONOMY
  • TECH
  • SPORTS
  • CULTURE
  • ♦ MORE ♦
  • ♦ MORE LINK ♦
    • NBS » 1-Headlines » Breaking: Iran warns Karabakh warring sides it won’t remain indifferent to more shelling


    Please subscribe to NBS YouTube channel:

    Breaking: Iran warns Karabakh warring sides it won’t remain indifferent to more shelling
    NBS | Friday, October 16th, 2020 | Published: 6:00 am

    Breaking: Iran warns Karabakh warring sides it won’t remain indifferent to more shelling

    Iran has rejected media reports that its border guards have launched retaliatory attacks after rockets fired by Karabakh warring sides hit its border areas, but pledged to take action if such attacks are repeated.

    According to Press TV, Foreign Ministry Spokesman Saeed Khatibzadeh on Thursday lashed out at Armenia and Azerbaijan after several rockets fired during their war over the Karabakh region hit Iranian border areas.

    “Unfortunately, worrying reports have been received today in this regard, and that is not at all acceptable,” he noted.

    The spokesman rejected a report by Rusonline that Iranian border guards had launched artillery and missile attacks in retaliation, but promised that Iran would not remain indifferent in case such attacks are repeated.

    “Maintaining security and peace of the Iranian citizens living in border areas is the red line of the Iranian armed forces,” Khatibzadeh said.

    Earlier this month, Iran’s Defense Minister Brigadier General Amir Hatami warned the warring parties that Tehran will take stronger measures than warnings if shells fired in the fighting continue to hit the country’s border regions even by mistake.

    “It is not acceptable at all that a bullet hits the Islamic Republic’s borders due to a mistake or carelessness,” Hatami said on October 6.

    Since the beginning of the Karabakh conflict, Hatami said Iran’s border areas had been shelled several times.

    He added that Iran had already given Azerbaijan and Armenia “necessary warnings” in the wake of those incidents.

    The defense chief said the lives of Iranian citizens and the country’s security are of vital importance, adding, “If this continues, broader measures will be adopted.”

    ‘Iran-Russia-Turkey initiative can settle Karabakh dispute’

    On Thursday, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said Tehran was ready to help find a sustainable solution to the ongoing dispute through a joint initiative with Russia and Turkey.

    During a Thursday phone call with his Azeri counterpart Jeyhun Bayramov, Zarif discussed the proposal that foresees the Islamic Republic, Turkey, and Russia boosting a standing Minsk Group that has failed so far to resolve decades of territorial dispute between Baku and Yerevan.

    Karabakh is internationally recognized as part of Azerbaijan, but it is held by Armenia-backed separatists since 1992 when they declared secession in a war which killed 30,000 people.

    SS

    Read on the original site


    Write your comment...

    nbs24new3 © All Rights Reserved
    News Broadcasting Service - NBS
    (NBS) 2015 - 2020

    CEO: Abdullah Al Masum,
    Editor and Publisher : Sultana Rabiya
    -------------------------------------------
    Bangshal, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh.
    Cell : +88 02 , +88 01718 580 689
    Email : [email protected], [email protected]

    USA Office: 41-11, 28th Avenue, Suite # 15 (3rd floor), Astoria, New York-11103,
    United States of America. Cell: 917-396-5705.

    Prasenjit Das, Editor in Chief, India.
    Address : Central Road, Town Pratapgarh, Agartala, Tripura, India. +919402109140.

    Home l About NBS l Contact the NBS l DMCA l Terms of use l Advertising Rate l Sitemap l Live TV l All Paper

    Reproduction of content, news or article published on this nbs website is strictly prohibited. - Privacy Policy